Tyke is for kids born between 01/01/2010 through 12/31/2011.
The purpose of the Mini-Tyke and Tyke leagues is to introduce, emphasize, and develop the fundamental skills of lacrosse. The focus of practices as well as games is to promote an environment that encourages participation, skill development, and overall enjoyment of the game.
At the end of the season, a special “Tyke and Novice Festival” is held where all teams come together to play one another in a fun atmosphere.
Please note that although standings are not kept, standard game results procedures must be followed (ie. sending in the game sheets).
Tyke Coordinator is Michelle Anhorn.
- Session times are 1 hour
- Play on full floor
- 3×3 nets
- Referees are on floor to call penalties and explain violations
- 3 minute shifts
- Contact rule is “Place and Push”
- Goalies are introduced
- The fall back rule applies when the goaltender is in possession of the ball. All defensive players must enter the neutral zone where they must wait until the ball crosses the restraining line. The goalie must pass the ball to one of the offensive players who must be at least 9 feet from the crease.
- Tyke practices and games will be held on Saturdays and Sundays for 2018.
- Floor times will be split between Airdrie, Crossfield and Cochrane
- Season runs from April through the end of June
Please see What Equipment is Needed for a list