Mini Tyke is for kids born from 01/01/2012 through 12/31/2014.
The purpose of the Mini-Tyke and Tyke leagues is to introduce, emphasize, and develop the fundamental skills of lacrosse. The focus of practices as well as games is to promote an environment that encourages participation, skill development, and overall enjoyment of the game. At the end of the season, a special “Mini Tyke Festival” is held where all teams come together to play one another in a fun atmosphere. Please note that although standings are not kept, standard game results procedures must be followed (ie. sending in the game sheets).
Mini Tyke Coordinator is Michelle Anhorn.
- 3 on 3 during the 30 minute game
- Play on a 3×3 nets
- Session times are 1 hour
- Players on floor for 3 minute intervals
- Contact Rule is “Equal Pressure”
- No referees-Coaches manage the floor
- No penalties-stop when necessary to explain infractions
- Mini Tyke practices and games will be held on Saturdays and Sundays for 2018.
- Floor times will be split between Airdrie, Crossfield and Cochrane
- Season runs from April through the end of June
Please see What Equipment is Needed for a list.