Box Lacrosse consists of boys and girls playing on the same teams up until Novice age, and then there are all girls teams offered.
The Girls Lacrosse program plays with the same set of rules as the boys with a few modifications (see peewee girls below). Ages as at December 31 of current year. Season Start and End Dates: Approximately 3rd week of April to the 3rd week of June. Playoffs to follow.
The Director of Female Programs is Terilyn Palmer
Girls Box Lacrosse Rules of Play in Novice:
- All Girls Novice box lacrosse games shall be played in accordance with CLA rules and ALA Regulation with the following exceptions:
- Regular box rules apply
- Fall back rule apples when the goaltender is in possession of the ball. All defensive players must enter the neutral zone. Once all the defensive players are in their neutral zone, they are free to go wherever they want. The goalie must pass the ball to one of the offensive players who must be outside of the 24 foot dotted line.
- Playing with the 30-second shot clock
- Novice is played in “like skilled” groups for the CDLA
- All teams play a 10 Game Regular Season and are guaranteed at least 2 playoff games.
- Playoffs are played to determine city champions and are held after the regular season schedule.
- Players on Floor: 5 x 5
- Floor: Full Floor
- Nets: 4 x 4
- Training Time: 5 min warm-up
- Game Time: 3 – 12 min. run periods
- Face-Off: Yes
- Shifts: Equal Participation
- Contact: Full Contact
- Penalties: CLA Rules Apply
- Officials: Yes
- Score: +5 goals not displayed
- Balls: CLA Approved
- Goalies: Yes
Girls Box Lacrosse Rules of Play in Peewee – Midget:
- All Girls Pee Wee box lacrosse games shall be played in accordance with CLA rules with the following exceptions:
- Contact: Full Contact
- All teams play a 12 game regular season, top 4 advance to playoffs.
- Any offensive player (including the ball carrier who deliberately charges directly at a defensive player may be assessed a charging penalty.
- There is to be no body checking.
- The fall back rule applies when to the goaltender is in possession of the ball. All defensive players must enter the neutral zone. Once all the defensive players are in the neutral zone, they are free to go wherever they want. The goalie must pass the ball to one of the offensive players who must be outside of the 24 foot dotted line.
- If the pass is not made the play is blown dead and the ball returns to the goalkeeper
- If a player re-enters the zone too early or has not cleared the zone, play is whistled down and the ball is given back to the goalkeeper